Be rewarded and have new experiences, volunteer with us as an Outreach Assistant.
- Are not judgmental
- Can lift and carry equipment.
- Are qualified drivers with their own vehicle, MOT, and clean driving licence
- Having a friendly and approachable attitude
What you can expect:
- Transporting equipment from our local base to different community venues
- Helping to set up equipment
- Welcoming children and families to the sessions
- Helping to clear away the equipment and transporting it back to our base.
What we can offer:
- Being part of a fun and friendly team
- A sense of fulfilment in helping vulnerable children and their families.
Action for Children does what’s right, does what’s needed and does what works.
We have 3 services that run from Tafarn Newydd within Torfean and Monmouthshire
Service 1: Tafarn Newydd Families Service provides a multi-agency family support service that promotes and enhances the development of disabled children aged between 0 and 19. We promote the child’s; linguistic, cultural, physical, social & life skills, emotional and cognitive development through assessment and individual one page profiles that address their specific and individual needs.
Our key objectives are:
- To provide local support for disabled children & their families
- Families are supported to develop necessary skills to care for their disabled children
- Parents and children are less isolated and support networks developed
- Children and young people attending Saturday club are able to socialise with their friends which enables parents to have a short break.
Service 2: This is a families first funded project which supports Children from 0-4 Years Old with a disability in an early years setting. Many of the children we support have substantial and highly complex needs. Our approach benefits their health, wellbeing and development. The recently developed sensory garden provides a safe space for children to engage with their environment. They develop social and language skills, and learn through play to explore the world around them in a more stimulating and interactive way. These skills will give children the opportunity to explore and gain independence, while providing them with a sense of control.
Our Key Objectives are:
- Children are supported and developed to reach their maximum potential
- Children are supported in their transition to school
- Parents have access to relevant information to support their role
Service 3: Monmouthshire- My Time Project
The project has 3 aspects of services these are playschemes, fun clubs and 1-1 tailored support called family aid which support to children, young people and their families to access and engage with a range of opportunities. Children and young people are offered activities and new experiences that enable them to reach their full potential, build their own resources and resilience and minimise the risk of long-term dependency.
The service also provides parents/carers with opportunities to ‘take time out’ from their caring role.
Read this article on the impact of COVID on our services and families A year like no other | West Wales Chronicle : News for Llanelli, Carmarthenshire, Pembrokeshire, Ceredigion, Swansea and Beyond