Disability Support Volunteer
- Aylesbury / High Wycombe
When we run sessions:
- Saturday – 08.45-13.00 or 13.00-17.15 or 08.45-17.15
- Sunday – 08.45-13.00 or 13.00-17.15 or 08.45-17.15
- Tuesday - 17.45-21.00
- Thursday – 17.45-21.00
- School holidays as per rota
- Be patient and reliable
- Have experience of or the desire to support children/young people with disabilities
- Have good communication skills
- Work alongside a variety of different people
- Have a positive attitude
- Use your initiative but also ask for help when needed
- Be willing to challenge discrimination.
What you can expect:
- Interacting with service users, whilst listening to what they have to say, to make their voice heard
- Promoting learning opportunities associated with activities offered
- Join in and helping with activities, supporting children and young people as directed by Team Leader/ colleagues
- Contributing to children/young people’s social, emotional, and educational development
- Helping staff to set up and clear away play activities
What we can offer:
- Gaining experience of supporting children and young people with disabilities and/or additional needs
- Enjoying a sense of personal satisfaction and gaining confidence
- Getting to know some great people and being part of our friendly team
- Access to relevant training
If you have any further questions about the role, or need assistance with application form then please contact karen.elliott@Actionforchildren.org.uk or 07740455389
Action for Children is passionate about promoting equality, valuing diversity, and working inclusively. We welcome applications from all persons particularly those who identify as Male, people with Disabilities, and Black, Asian, and Minority Ethnic applicants, as these groups are currently under-represented in our organisation.
Action for Children are Passionate, Ambitious, Collaborative and Inclusive. We aspire for every child and young person in the country to have a safe and happy childhood and the foundations they need to thrive.
Bucks Activity Project
Providing short breaks for disabled children and young people aged 0-19
Bucks Activity Project is part of the Action for Children Countywide Integrated Short Breaks Service, commissioned by Buckinghamshire Council and provides community short breaks to children and young people aged 0-19 with disabilities and additional learning needs across Buckinghamshire.