About the Team
Beer Tent volunteers are responsible for the sale and service in our Festival Beer Gardens. This is an often fast-paced and physically demanding position. Volunteers are required to work with the public and monitor consumption levels. Volunteers will be required to cut-off any patron that over-consumes. All volunteers on this team must be Proserve Certified. Volunteers will work closely with their Team Leaders and Festival Bar Managers.
- Sell drink tickets to Festival Patrons
- Serve drinks to patrons
- ID any patron that appears under 25 years old
- Operate a draught system to serve beer
- Bus tables and keep the Beer Tent tidy
- Ensure no patron over-consumes
- Be able to stand for long periods of time
- Be comfortable handling money
- Be comfortable working in a busy, fast-paced environment
- Volunteers must have an advanced knowledge of English
- All volunteers must be 18+
- All volunteers require Proserve Certification
*Hours for this team generally run from 12:00pm-1:00am*
Have questions about the Duties or Requirements for this team? Get in touch! The Fringe Staff want to ensure you have the most fun and satisfying volunteer experience possible. Send us an email at email@example.com or call us at 780.409.1922 to talk through the possibilities, to discuss your needs, your skills, any possible modifications and your favourite activities to find the perfect team for you!