About the Team
Box office volunteers are responsible for the sale of tickets at our 7 box office locations on-site and close to the Festival site. All volunteers on this team begin their shift by checking in at the Box Office Office and will be assigned to a location from there.
- Count and reconcile cash at the beginning and end of each shift
- Sell tickets to Festival Patrons using our ticketing software
- Assist patrons when searching for tickets or Festival information
- Inform all patrons of our ticketing policies with every purchase.
- Collect contact information from patrons so they may be contacted in the event of show changes or cancellations
- Print Will-Call tickets.
- Be comfortable working with money
- An advanced level of English is required to communicate with patrons
- Be comfortable working with computers
- All volunteers must attend an in-person pre-festival training session
- Volunteers working in the Central box office or at the Walterdale box office must be able to handle a busy and fast-paced work environment
- Volunteers on this team must be 16+
*Hours for this team generally run from 9:30am-12.30am*
Have questions about the Duties or Requirements for this team? Get in touch! The Fringe Staff want to ensure you have the most fun and satisfying volunteer experience possible. Send us an email at email@example.com or call us at 780.409.1922 to talk through the possibilities, to discuss your needs, your skills, any possible modifications and your favourite activities to find the perfect team for you!