Community Council Member
- Participating in the governance structure of the Society by electing members of the Board of Directors; considering amendments to the Society's Constitution and Bylaws; providing input into the annual branch budget and development of Society policy and direction; and promoting membership in the Society.
- Supporting the branch manager with assistance in the areas of fundraising; humane education; advocacy; and volunteer development, and providing input into facility planning and the delivery of services at the branch.
- Ability to operate professionally in non-profit environment
- Previous governance experience an asset
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented, organized and dependable
- Existing community relationships a plus!
Requirements for the Position:
- 19 years of age or older
- Must be a member of the BC SPCA ($30)
- Complete an online volunteer application
- Complete an interview with the Community Council or with the branch manager in the absence of a Community Council
- Attend a governance presentation within three months of accepting the position
- Approximately 10-15 hours per month, including prep work for and attendance at Community Council meetings, regional meetings and branch events
- Minimum one year term, two preferred
Benefits for You!
- Make a difference in the lives of BC's most vulnerable animals
- Provide input into the development of BC SPCA policy and direction
- Boost the profile of the BC SPCA in your community
- Increase your networking opportunities
- Attend BC SPCA professional development opportunities