We are looking for volunteers who can help us transport animals from the branch to their appointments and back. This is a HUGE help to the Centre as we only have two full time staff at our location.
**We are primarily looking for weekday drivers**
- 19 years old
- Valid Class 5 BC Driver's License
- Regular access to a vehicle
- All drivers must provide a Driving Record from ICBC
- Must agree to all relevant BC SPCA policies, including Section 7.8 of the BC SPCA Volunteer Handbook and the BC SPCA Vehicle Usage Policy
- Commit to min. 6 months (on-call)
- Prepare animals for transport
- Safely load and unload animals from vehicle
- Ensure the animal arrives safely and on time for their appointments
- Ensure the vehicle is stocked with supplies and equipment needed for transport
- Ensure all paperwork is received and returned
Drivers may be requested on short notice, but we are looking to schedule volunteers for only particular days to reduce the workload. This is a crucial role in our Centre operations as it helps the animals receive the care they need and deserve!
As per our conversation with ICBC's Head Office, volunteer drivers are covered under normal pleasure use vehicular insurance, with no limit to the number of days that the vehicle is used per month for volunteer driving. ICBC informed us that this policy information in not in writing, thus this paragraph is to document the conversation.
Want to apply? Submit an application to us by clicking on the button! Please also email the Assistant Manager, Melvin Chan, at firstname.lastname@example.org.