Volunteer Program Specialist
Do you have great organizational skills? Are you tech savvy and quick to learn? This may be the fit for you! We are looking for two Volunteer Program Specialists to assist in running our volunteer program.
- Work with the Assistant Manager to monitor the branch volunteer email and update the volunteer calendar as needed
- Respond to a variety of inquires regarding volunteering at the branch and escalate emails to the Assistant Manager when inquiry cannot be solved
- Approve/manage shift change
- Data entry in Better Impact volunteer database: "no shows", interview notes (as assigned)
- Follow up with volunteers who do not come to their shift
- Ideally assist with interviewing at information sessions (usually Sunday afternoons)
- Updating volunteer documents (e.g., organizational chart, volunteer handbook, policies, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned
Our ideal candidate will be:
- A sincere individual who genuinely cares about other volunteers
- A "people" person and team player
- Knowledgeable in using Better Impact software (we will train the right person)
- Able to check email and update the volunteer calendar for days assigned
- Able to travel to our branch location periodically for information sessions/meetings and help with interviewing candidates
- Able to commit to this position for a minimum of 1 year
- Making a difference to the animals by ensuring the branch is adequately staffed
- Networking within a community who shares similar interests and passions
- Volunteer management experience
- This position can be done remotely
To apply: submit an application to us!
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Volunteer Management Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your interest in volunteering with us!