Foster Guardian Program: Cats / Kittens
Join our Foster Care Program for Cats & Kittens !
The Foster Program benefits animals who have a good chance of adoption, but who are either too young, sick, injured, under socialized or emotionally stressed to survive in the shelter/adoption centre environment. Instead, animals are cared for and rehabilitated in a nurturing foster home.
- Provide a safe environment for the animal in foster care ensuring the 5 freedoms are being met at all times
- Spend quality time with the foster animal every day
- Bring the animal to the centre and to a veterinarian as needed
- Ensure any other animals in the home have received up-to-date vaccinations and can interact safely with the foster animal and/or be isolated from the foster animal as needed
- Submit weekly care reports to the Volunteer Coordinator