Seeking volunteers for classroom presentations
Are you passionate about sharing messages of kindness and empathy towards animals with children? Do you have experience working with kids? The BC SPCA Humane Education Department is seeking 2-3 experienced volunteers to visit local elementary schools and deliver presentations on topics such as staying safe around animals and respecting all animals through acts of kindness.
- Volunteers must be available a minimum of one day per week Mon-Fri during school hours (8:30 am to 2:30 pm).
- Experience working with children is required and an enthusiasm for sharing humane education with younger generations is a must!
- If you have a therapy certified dog or other suitable animal they can also be involved in the presentation, however an animal is not a requirement.
- Training and ongoing support from the Humane Education department will be provided.
How to apply:
- Submit a volunteer application to the branch
- Email Allison Simpson (Regional Humane Educator, Fraser Valley) at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about the BC SPCA's humane education programs.