Administrative Support Volunteer - Lancashire
You will be an invaluable part of the team supporting the administrative function for our frontline services at the Shelter Lancashire Hub. This volunteer role is about utilising and developing your administrative and organisation skills to support the day-to-day operations of our housing, benefit and debt service in the hub and in our community settings. You will gain experience of volunteering within a recognised national housing charity, while supporting your local community. There is also the opportunity to engage and support in our local and national campaigning activities.
Suggested Involvement: minimum of 4 hours per week (can be more & can be flexible around your commitments
Supervised by: Volunteer Support Officer/Service Administrator
Why get involved with Shelter?
Shelter helps millions of people every year struggling with bad housing or homelessness through our advice, support and legal services; and we campaign to make sure that, one day, no one will have to turn to us for help. We're here so no one has to fight bad housing or homelessness on their own. Volunteers enable us to offer and deliver a broader range of help to the local community.
Range of tasks
- Photocopying of information such as leaflets and client files
- Filing of information and cases
- Scanning documents
- Preparing case packs
- Updating local information files
- Distributing post
- Printing and sending letters
- Inputting information on to our Case Management Systems
- Help with planning events and activities
- Attending meetings and note taking
- Supporting social media
Skills and Abilities Required
- Interest in the work of Shelter and in supporting people
- Ability to organise your own work, manage your time and work on your own initiative
- Using computer programs such as Word and Excel
- The ability to work as part of a team and value others
- Willingness to follow Shelter’s policies, including volunteering, health and safety, equality and diversity and confidentiality
Induction, Learning & Development
To enable you take part in this opportunity Shelter will
- Provide a volunteer pack including a Handbook and all Policies and Procedures;
- Provide personalised volunteering plan, covering support, learning and development;
- Provide learning on topics including Safeguarding, Health and Safety and Data Protection.
- Provide relevant training, coaching and shadowing to enable you to fulfil your role;
- Reimburse “out of pocket” expenses in line with Shelter’s volunteer expenses policy;
Benefits of Volunteering with Shelter
- Supporting Shelter in our fight against bad housing and homelessness
- Gain valuable work experience and enhance your CV
- Be part of a great team
- Build your confidence and develop transferable skills
Please complete an online application for this role. After you have applied, we will hold an informal recruitment conversation to discuss the role further.
Please note, you will be asked to declare any unspent convictions and complete a Basic Criminal Record Check. Having a criminal record does not mean that you cannot volunteer with us. It may limit the different ways that you can get involved, but please contact us at email@example.com if you require more information.
This is a voluntary position that supports the work of our services and is not replacing the work of a paid member of staff. This role profile does not form part of any contract of employment.