Retail Volunteer Supervisor - Broughty Ferry
Retail Volunteer Supervisor
Our shops raise vital funds for our fight against homelessness and bad housing - and they’re powered by our volunteers!
All of our shops are COVID-19 secure, with social distancing and other safety measures in place
Passionate about all things Retail?... Then this is the volunteer role for you! We're looking for committed and enthusiastic people who want to support Shelter in the running of our charity shops across the country.
Suggested Involvement: Approx. 7 hours a week or more.
Location: Broughty Ferry
Supervised by: Community Shop Manager/Assistant Manager
Why get involved with Shelter? Shelter helps millions of people every year struggling with bad housing or homelessness through our advice, support and legal services. We campaign to make sure that one day, no one will have to turn to us for help. We're here so no one has to fight bad housing or homelessness on their own.
Main Tasks can include:
• Supporting the management team in the running of the shop
• Being our Volunteer Supervisor in the absence of the Management team
• Operating the till/computer to include refunds, cashing up and Gift Aid
• Aiding in sourcing, processing and merchandising stock
• Supporting other volunteers
• Serving customers!
Skills and Experiences Required: Some experience of working in Retail would be beneficial but not essential to us as full training provided. What’s really important to us is that you want to be part of our team and come ready to share your individual skills and experiences.
We do ask for a Willingness to follow Shelter’s policies, including volunteering, health & safety, equality & diversity, safeguarding, confidentiality & data protection.
Induction, Learning and Development: To enable you to take part in this opportunity Shelter will:
• Provide you with a Volunteer Handbook and all relevant Policies/Procedures
• Provide learning: including, Health & Safety, Data Protection and Safeguarding
• Provide an on the job induction
• Pay “out of pocket” expenses in line with Shelter’s volunteer expenses policy
Benefits of Volunteering with Shelter:
• Supporting Shelter in our fight against bad housing and homelessness
• Gain valuable work experience
• Be part of a great team
• Build your confidence and develop transferable skills
• Enhances your CV – this is the perfect role for you to demonstrate the step from sales advisor to supervisory/management roles
Next Steps: Please complete an application form online. After you have applied, we will invite successful candidates to interview.
Please note, you will be asked to declare any unspent convictions and provide two references. If the role you are applying for has been designated as a regulated role, we will require you to undertake a basic Criminal Record Check. Having a criminal record does not mean that you cannot volunteer with us. It may limit the different ways that you can get involved, but please contact us at email@example.com if you require more information.
This is a voluntary position that supports the work of our Income Generation team and is not replacing the work of a paid member of staff. This role profile does not form part of any contract of employment.