E-Commerce Hub Volunteer - Finchley Road
E-Commerce Hub Volunteer
An exciting volunteer opportunity has become available in our E-Commerce hub based at our boutique charity shop in Finchley Road. We’re looking for reliable and motivated individuals to come and join the team. As a volunteer, you will assist the Hub Manager to effectively manage the day-to-day running of the Online Department, with the aim of achieving optimum profit and maximising sales.
Suggested Involvement: It’s up to you! We have volunteers who support for one hour a week and others who volunteer more. Many people volunteer for a morning or an afternoon each week, but we’ll have a chat about your availability after you’ve applied.
- Availability: This volunteering opportunity will take place within our working hours, Monday-Friday, 9-5 with the possibility of some weekend shifts
- Location: Finchley Road
- Supervised by: E-Commerce Hub Manager
Why volunteer with Shelter?
Shelter helps millions of people every year struggling with bad housing or homelessness through our advice, support and legal services. And we campaign to make sure that, one day, no one will have to turn to us for help. We're here so no one has to fight bad housing or homelessness on their own.
This volunteering role will provide you with:
- Valuable experience and skills in e-commerce, warehouse management, customer service, photography etc.
- An opportunity to put your photography knowledge to good use
- Insight into charity retail e-commerce
- Training in researching and valuing items
Main tasks will include
- Processing pre-sorted items identified as having the potential to sell online
- Taking high-quality photographs
- Writing creative and accurate product descriptions
- Researching and valuing items for pricing
- Routine packing and dispatching of orders
- Providing excellent customer service and answering any queries regarding products
- Managing aftersales care and refunds
Skills and Experiences Required
- An ability to use Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel and PDF documents to a good standard
- Excellent communication skills
- A team player
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Confident using eBay and or have some experience of selling online
- Willingness to follow Shelter’s policies, including volunteering, health & safety, equality & diversity, confidentiality & data protection
Learning & Development
To enable you to take part in this opportunity Shelter will:
- Provide you with a Volunteer Handbook
- Provide a local induction into your role
- Provide training, induction, and ongoing support from your Hub Manager to help you feel confident in your role
Benefits of Volunteering with Shelter
- Supporting Shelter in our fight against bad housing and homelessness
- Gain valuable work experience and enhance your CV
- Be part of a great team
- Build your confidence and develop transferable skills
Please complete an online application for this role. After you have applied, we will hold an informal recruitment conversation to discuss the role further.
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account