Community Volunteer - Manchester
Community Volunteer Manchester
Do you want to join our movement and defend the right to a safe home? We’re looking for volunteers who can join us at events in the community to help us raise money and raise awareness! This is a highly flexible role. We’ll let you know about upcoming events, and you choose which you’d like to attend or do. The housing emergency hurts everyone. The fight to end it starts here!
- Suggested involvement: Whatever works for you! You choose the events you volunteer at.
- Availability: This is a flexible opportunity, with events taking place at different times and on different days over the year. You choose the ones that suit you.
- Location: Manchester
- Supervised by: Regional Community Fundraiser
This is a flexible and diverse role. Here are some of the activities you might get involved in:
- Support some of our community fundraising activity such as holding collection tins in public spaces or bag packing in supermarkets.
- Volunteer at a range of events including community fairs, gigs, Pride marches, sporting events and street stalls.
- Help us grow our movement for change by supporting petitions and raising awareness of our calls to action through social media.
This role is based within the Community Fundraising team. If you are looking to volunteer in our shops or services, please return to our homepage to find an appropriate opportunity.
Why volunteer with Shelter?
A home is a fundamental human need, as vital as education or healthcare. But in Britain today, that right is denied to millions of people whose lives are blighted by homelessness, bad housing conditions, soaring rents, discrimination and the threat of eviction. The time for change is now. Together with individuals, in communities and across society, we will lead the way for a safe home for all. But we need your help to do it. Becoming a Community Volunteer will give you the opportunity to take practical action and to meet other people who are passionate about tackling the housing emergency.
Skills and Experiences Required
- Passionate about joining the fight for home
Benefits of volunteering with us
- Join our fight against bad housing and homelessness and become a force for change!
- Contribute your time flexibly as and when it suits you
- Meet other volunteers locally
- Experience volunteering at a range of different events
- Entry to events you choose to volunteer at!
- Build your confidence and develop transferable skills
Learning & Development
To enable you to take part in this opportunity we will:
- Put you in contact with your local Community Fundraiser who will support you in the role
- Provide you with relevant policies
- Provide relevant induction, training and information
- Refund any out-of-pocket expenses in line with Shelter’s volunteer expenses policy
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account