Community Volunteer - Glasgow & Edinburgh
This is a fantastic opportunity for anybody who is looking for a flexible volunteering opportunity and would like to support Shelter Scotland’s work in a range of ways. This is also an ideal opportunity for you volunteer with your friends and family, as a lot of our opportunities are open to children as long as they have parental or adult supervision.
We need volunteers to help us with a range of activities to raise our profile at events, support fundraising activity or help with other tasks. By signing up as a Community Volunteer, you would be informed about upcoming events or tasks and could choose which ones you would like to attend. We’ll also provide some basic training for you, as well as everything you need to complete your role!
Ideally you would help out at least 4-5 times per year, but this is flexible.
Why this role matters to Shelter Scotland:
More than half a million people a year come to us for advice and support via our website, help lines, and national network of services. We help people to find and keep a home in a place where they can thrive and we tackle the root causes of bad housing by campaigning for new laws, policies and practice.
Community Volunteers help us with a range of one-off tasks and events, helping us to raise more money, reach more people and achieve more with our current resources.
Community Volunteers also promote what we do, raising our profile in Scotland and helping us to defend the right to a home.
- Represent Shelter Scotland at a range of events to increase our profile and raise awareness of our campaigns, including student fairs or sporting events
- Help us with a range of one-off activities, such as sorting Christmas presents, carrying out simple research projects or helping with basic admin tasks
- Help us with visibly representing Shelter Scotland at events, such us marathons, Pride marches or community fairs.
- Support some of our fundraising activity such as holding collection cans in public spaces or bag packing in supermarkets.
- A range of other activities based on your own skills, experiences and connections
Optional: With additional training, deliver presentations to a range of groups in your community