Volunteer Catering Assistant
Do you have a passion for cooking or interest in working in a kitchen environment? If so, you might be the perfect fit for our kitchen volunteer position at the hospice.
Good food is central to the care we provide, from catering for specialist dietary needs in the everyday, to special occasions such as our annual memorial event.
The kitchen is situated immediately off the main lounge, the central hub of the Hospice, where families come together to eat breakfast, lunch and dinner prepared by our talented head chef and his team.
For our children and their families, mealtimes provide comfort, a sense of normality and a chance to socialize. Without the stress of shopping, planning and clearing up - we take the pressure off.
Age requirement: 18+
Time commitment: Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday or Sunday lunchtime.
.Location: This role will be based at the Tŷ Hafan Hospice in Sully assisting the kitchen staff. The kitchen is situated immediately off the lounge, the central hub of the Hospice, where families come together to eat breakfast, lunch and dinner prepared by our talented head chef and the team.
Activities you could be involved in:
• Keeping the dining area neat and tidy by clearing away plates and crockery
• Help with food preparation
• For experienced chefs and bakers, there is an opportunity to get involved in cooking meals and baking goods
• Wash dishes and utensils with kitchen equipment
• Serve tea/coffee and food with a smile
• Chat with staff, families and children and make them feel welcome
What skills will you need?
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Ability to follow procedures and health and safety requirements
• Physical strength to lift, carry and stand for long periods of time
• Knowledge of Health and Safety and Food Hygiene Procedures
• Inclusive and non-judgmental attitude towards families, volunteers, staff and visitors
Here's what you can expect from our training program:
• You will get a comprehensive induction
• You will learn about health and safety in the kitchen
• You will have the opportunity to earn your food hygiene certificate
• You will work with friendly and supportive kitchen staff and volunteers
• Opportunities to complete relevant e-learning
Benefits of becoming a Kitchen Volunteer
• You can make a positive difference in the lives of children and their families by providing them with nutritious and delicious meals
• You can learn new skills and gain valuable experience in food preparation, service and safety
• You can meet new people and join a community of compassionate and dedicated volunteers who share your passion for cooking and helping others
• You can enjoy the satisfaction of knowing you are contributing to a meaningful cause
• You can express your creativity and personality through your cooking and baking
• You will receive feedback and appreciation from hospice staff and guests
Are you ready to join us as a volunteer?
Just click the “Fill in an application” button on the top of this page and complete a simple form.
We will ask you to provide us with the details of two referees and an Enhanced DBS check is required for this role. Tŷ Hafan will cover the costs of any background checks and we will contact you with details on completing a DBS, once your application is successful.
We can't wait to welcome you to the team!
This role is purely voluntary and this arrangement is not meant to be a legally binding one or an employment contract.
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account