Till & Customer Service Volunteer - Adults
Would you like to volunteer in your local charity shop? This opportunity offers a variety of experiences from helping customers with their purchases, maximising sales for Tŷ Hafan and other general activities.
Please note, while we at Tŷ Hafan pride ourselves on being inclusive of all individuals who wish to volunteer, we are not currently a sponsor license holder so are unable to support any overseas VISA sponsorships/applications.
- Aberdare (Monday-Saturday shifts available)
- Aberystwyth (Thursday & Friday afternoon shift available)
- Abergavenny (Thursday & Saturday shift available)
- Cwmbran (Shifts available Monday-Sunday)
- Carmarthen (Monday-Sunday shifts available)
- Cardigan (Shifts available Wednesday Morning)
- Lampeter (Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday shifts available)
- Llanelli (Shifts available Monday-Saturday)
- Neath (Monday-Friday shifts available)
- Port Talbot (Monday-Sunday shifts available)
- Porthcawl (Monday-Sunday shifts available)
- Penarth (Shifts available for Stockroom Volunteers only)
- Talbot Green (Monday-Saturday shifts available)
- Whitchurch (Monday-Saturday shifts available)
About the role:
This role will be based at our Tŷ Hafan charity, working as part of a team of volunteers assisting the Shop Manager.
Our shops are open all week and we are entirely grateful for any time you are able to offer; whether that's 2 hours a week, a half day each week or multiple days per week. Please see below for specific shift availability for this shop.
What activities will you be involved in?
- Greet our customers and donors ensuring they feel welcomed and valued in supporting our shop
- Deliver excellent standards of customer service with bags of enthusiasm for Tŷ Hafan
- Serve customers on the till processing their items and cash accurately through our tills
- When operating the till, give each customer the opportunity to enter Tŷ Hafan's weekly lottery draw
- Listen and engage with our customer and supporters passing customer feedback to manager
- Support in maintaining high standards of stock presentation on shop floor and raise any potential security risks to the shop management team
- Assist the store manager in other ad-hoc tasks as needed
- Be an excellent Ambassador for Tŷ Hafan
What's in it for you?
- Become part of a team and make new friends
- Engage with your community
- Learn new skills such as merchandising and quality control
- Essential work experience and life skills
- 25% volunteer discount in Ty Hafan shops
- Relevant training for the role
- Help raise funds for life-limited children
What we are looking for:
No retail experience is necessary as full support and training will be provided. More important are honesty, reliability and commitment.
Our volunteers all come from different backgrounds with varying skillsets, and each are equally vital to the work we do. We simply would not be able to continue without their diverse and valuable contributions.
- You can apply by clicking the “fill in an application” button to the right of this page.
- You will be asked to complete a volunteer application form and provide two references.
- If you are unable to provide references for any reason, please do not be discouraged from applying. Just pop us a message and we will be able to help.
- A DBS check is not required for this role.
If you have any questions before applying, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org
This role is purely voluntary and this arrangement is not meant to be a legally binding one or an employment contract.
About Tŷ Hafan
Tŷ Hafan is a leading Welsh children's charity, with our hospice and headquarters based in Sully, Vale of Glamorgan.
We provide comfort, care and fun to children with life-limiting conditions, whilst supporting their families and helping them to make a short life, a full life; creating precious memories and helping them to make the most of the time they have together.
We would love to have you on our team!
Whatever time or skills you have to offer, you can make a difference to the lives of life-limited children, and their families, in Wales, today.