Hospice Maintenance Volunteer
Maintenance Volunteers provide a vital service to help maintain the buildings and grounds for the benefit of the children and families who visit our Hospice.
About Tŷ Hafan
Tŷ Hafan is a leading Welsh children’s charity which provides comfort, care and fun to children with life-limiting conditions, along with their families. Through our vibrant hospice and diverse community programmes, we offer families short-break care and help them make the most of the time they have together; creating precious memories and ensuring a short life is a full life.
About the volunteering role
This role will be based at Tŷ Hafan’s Children's Hospice in Sully, assisting the facilities team with maintenance related tasks as outlined below, which need to be carried out around the hospice.
Minimum age requirement: 18
Travel expenses incurred can be reimbursed according to Tŷ Hafan Travel and Expenses Policy. Free on site parking.
What activities would you be involved in?
- Clearing footpaths
- Minor repairs
- Assisting with moving furniture
- Cleaning water fountain
- Using small gardening tools or larger equipment such as a leaf blower
- Assisting our team of volunteer gardeners with tasks such as pruning, weeding and planting
- Supporting any other general D.I.Y and maintenance tasks
* Certain tasks will suit volunteers’ likes, dislikes and strengths and this will be taken into account when allocating tasks.
What skills will I need?
- A warm and friendly disposition
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Ability to work safely and to not endanger yourself or others and maintain a safe working environment
- Interest or experience in DIY/maintenance related tasks
Information on training provided
- Full induction
- Health and safety training
- Support and guidance from the facilities team
Benefit of volunteering
- Become part of the Tŷ Hafan team and family
- Meet new people and make new friend
- Personal satisfaction of giving back to the community
- Gaining new skills, knowledge and experience or share yours to benefit Tŷ Hafans goal
- Have fun!
How to apply
You will be asked to complete an application form upon joining and provide details of two referees ( 1 professional & 1 character) and a basic DBS check will be required for this role.
This role is purely voluntary and this arrangement is not meant to be a legally binding one or an employment contract.