We are looking for friendly and experienced volunteers to join our team. You'll be in charge of our Head Office front desk and help us with various admin tasks and projects as needed.
You will support our wider teams with a variety of activities, including administration tasks and reception cover.
This opportunity is perfect for someone who wants to gain valuable office-based experience or someone who has office-based experience and is happy to donate their time to support our charity.
Depending on the availability of the teams, you have the option to select the department where you would like to offer your volunteer services. Alternatively, you can also collaborate with various teams on diverse projects.
Location: Ty Hafan, Hayes Road, Sully, CF64 5XX
Age requirement: 18+
Schedule: Flexible, Monday-Friday
As a volunteer, you could be involved in various activities depending on your preferences, skills and experience, these include:
• Photocopying and printing documents
• Sorting and distributing mail
• Welcoming visitors
• Reception cover
• Responding to emails, phone calls and taking messages
• Project work
• Any other suitable ad-hoc administration tasks
Every day is different!
What type of person are we looking for?
• Flexible with a willingness to learn
• Enthusiastic and engaged team member
• Good communication skills, well organized
• Good accuracy and attention to detail
• Previous reception experience preferred but not required
Here's what you can expect from our training program:
Tŷ Hafan will provide you with a thorough induction and ongoing support.
You can also access training on relevant modules such as data protection and Safeguarding, with scope to complete other relevant training modules.
The benefits of becoming a Volunteer Administrator/Receptionist:
• You will become part of the Tŷ Hafan team and family
• You can meet new people and make new friends
• You will gain personal satisfaction of giving back to the community and contributing towards Tŷ Hafan's purpose
• You can develop your communication, customer service and problem solving skills by interacting with diverse visitors and staff
• You can boost your CV - Professional reference if required after 3 months
• You will boost your confidence, self-esteem and well-being, by challenging yourself, gaining new experiences and receiving feedback and recognition for your work
• Most importantly - you will have fun, enjoy yourself and feel good about helping others!
Are you ready to join us as a volunteer?
Just click the “Fill in an application” button on the top of this page and complete a simple form.
We will ask you to provide us with the details of two referees and a Basic DBS check is required for this role.
Tŷ Hafan will cover the costs of any background checks and we will contact you with details on completing a DBS, once your application is successful.
We can't wait to welcome you to the team!
This role is purely voluntary and this arrangement is not meant to be a legally binding one or an employment contract.
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account