Gardening Volunteer (Hospice)
Do you love gardening and making a difference in your community? If so, you might be the perfect fit for our Volunteer Gardener role!
As a Volunteer Gardener, you will help maintain and beautify our Hospice gardens, where we provide palliative care and support for children with life-shortening conditions. Gardening is not only a rewarding hobby, but also a therapeutic activity that can bring joy and comfort to those who need it the most. Join our team of compassionate and dedicated volunteers today, and help us create a green oasis for our hospice community.
Minimum age requirement: 18
Due to the nature of the activities and current projects, we are looking for volunteers with skills, in depth knowledge and experience in gardening, either as a profession or as a hobby.
Our Garden volunteers help out on a Monday, Wednesday and/or Friday each week
Occasional weekend volunteering
Occasional attendance fundraising events for tools and plants (optional)
As a volunteer, you could be involved in various activities depending on your preferences, skills and experience, these include:
• General garden maintenance
• Keeping grounds clean, tidy and presentable
• Project work such as our forest project
• Using small gardening tools or larger equipment such as a leaf blower
• Other ad-hoc tasks as and when required seasonally
We are looking for volunteers with:
• Gardening experience, either as a profession or a hobby
• A passion for gardening and a willingness to share skills and knowledge
• A friendly and approachable personality
• A good team player who can also confidently work independently
• A sound knowledge of health and safety, with respect for yourself, others and the environment
• A sincere understanding of the sensitive nature of volunteering in a Hospice setting
Here's what you can expect from our training program:
• A comprehensive introduction to our organization and your role
• Health and safety training including manual handling and fire safety
• A friendly and supportive facilities and volunteering team to assist you with any queries or concerns
The benefits of becoming a Gardening Volunteer
• It's a great way to connect with nature and enjoy the outdoors
• You can learn new skills, such as composting and pruning
• You can make a positive impact on your community by helping to maintain and beautify public green spaces
• Gardening can improve your physical and mental healthy by reducing stress, boosting mood and providing exercise
• You can meet new people who share your passion for gardening and the environment
• You can have fun while doing something meaningful and rewarding
Are you ready to join us as a volunteer?
Just click the “Fill in an application” button on the top of this page and complete a simple form.
We will ask you to provide us with the details of two referees and a Basic DBS check is required for this role. Tŷ Hafan will cover the costs of any background checks and we will contact you with details on completing a DBS, once your application is successful.
We can't wait to welcome you to the team!
This role is purely voluntary and this arrangement is not meant to be a legally binding one or an employment contract.
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account