Volunteer Drivers Assistant
About the role:
We are looking for a Van Driver’s Assistant to join our successful team to help deliver and collect furniture for our charity shop based in Barry, Vale of Glamorgan. You will help our paid van driver in the lifting and moving of furniture items.
General time commitment per week / month
Collections/Deliveries will be on set day(s), ideally, you'll be able to commit to a full or half day
What activities would you be involved in?
- To assist our van driver with loading and unloading the delivery van.
- To assist our van driver with the collection of furniture from the Llanelli area and with delivering bought furniture from the shop to our supporter's homes
- To assist the van driver to ensure any collected donations are fit for sale and have any required safety labels.
- To assist the van driver in ensuring as many collected donations as possible are Gift Aided
Information on training provided
No previous experience is necessary as full training, including manual handling, will be given. A good level of fitness is necessary as lifting is required.
Benefits of volunteering
- Personal satisfaction of giving back to the community by becoming part of the Tŷ Hafan team and family
- Make new friends and meet new people
- Gain new skills, knowledge and experience to enhance your CV
- Share your knowledge to help raise funds for Tŷ Hafan’s work
- Have fun!
You will be asked to complete an application form upon joining and provide details of two referees ( 1 professional & 1 character) and a basic DBS check is required for this role.
About Tŷ Hafan
Tŷ Hafan is a leading Welsh children’s charity which provides comfort, care and fun to children with life-limiting conditions, along with their families. Through our vibrant hospice and diverse community programmes, we offer families short-break care and help them make the most of the time they have together; creating precious memories and ensuring a short life is a full life.
This role is purely voluntary and this arrangement is not meant to be a legally binding one or an employment contract.