Volunteer Van Mate
Do you have one half or full day per week to spare to volunteer for a worthwhile, local cause?
are looking for a Volunteer Van Mate to help our driver with furniture collections and deliveries. Our volunteers are an extremely valuable resource, and Volunteer Van are an essential part of the retail team.
Talbot Green / Tonyrefail
Vale of Glamorgan
Porthcawl / Bridgend
About the role:
We are looking for a Volunteer Van Mate to join our successful team to help deliver and collect furniture. You will help our paid van driver in the lifting and moving of furniture items.
This is a physically demanding so a level of good fitness is required.
General time commitment per week / month:
Collections/Deliveries will be on set day(s), ideally, you'll be able to commit to one full or half day per week, this is flexible.
What activities would you be involved in?
- Assisting our van driver with loading and unloading the delivery van.
- Assisting our van driver with the collection of furniture from the Llanelli area and with delivering bought furniture from the shop to our supporter's homes
- Assisting the van driver to ensure any collected donations are fit for sale and have any required safety labels.
- Assisting the van driver in ensuring as many collected donations as possible are Gift Aided
- Always maintain a high standard of customer service and strict control of the security of goods collected, transported and delivered.
Information on training provided:
No previous experience is necessary as full training, including manual handling, will be given. A good level of fitness is necessary as lifting is required.
Benefits of volunteering:
- Personal satisfaction of giving back to the community by becoming part of the team and family
- Make new friends and meet new people
- Gain new skills, knowledge and experience to enhance your CV
- Share your knowledge to help raise funds for work
- Have fun!
You can apply by clicking the “fill in an application” button to the right of this page. You will be asked to complete a volunteer application form and provide two references.
If you are unable to provide references for any reason, please do not be discouraged from applying. Just pop us a message and we will be able to help.
A Basic DBS check is also required for this role. We cover the cost of a DBS check.
If you have any questions before applying, please feel free to email email@example.com
This role is purely and this arrangement is not meant to be a legally binding one or an employment contract.
About Tŷ Hafan:
Tŷ Hafan is a leading Welsh children's charity, with our hospice and headquarters based in Sully, Vale of Glamorgan.
We provide comfort, care and fun to children with life-limiting conditions, whilst supporting their families and helping them to make a short life, a full life; creating precious memories and helping them to make the most of the time they have together.
We would love to have you on our team!
Whatever time or skills you have to offer, you can make a difference to the lives of life-limited children, and their families, in Wales, today.