Volunteer Van Mate
Are you looking for a rewarding way to support your community? Why not join us as a Volunteer Van Mate and help us deliver and collect stock donations to and from our shops?
Volunteers are the heart of our Retail team, and as a Volunteer Van Mate, you will play a vital role in helping us raise funds for our cause.
You will work alongside our paid retail van driver to transport stock donations across our network of local shops.
This role requires some physical effort, so you will need to be fit and healthy.
Minimum age requirement: 18
Location: Pick up and drop off from our Head Office in Sully
Hours: Ideally, you'll be able to commit to a minimum of one full or half day per week
As a volunteer, you could be involved in various activities depending on your preferences, skills and experience, these include:
• Lifting & moving of stock donations from/to our shops & the Retail van – this includes bags and boxes of clothing, books, toys and bric a brac
• Helping to load the van safely
• Helping our shop teams to receive and store the donations safely in their stock rooms
What skills will you need?
• The ability to work as part of a team
• The ability to follow instructions
• A good level of fitness is necessary as lifting is required
Here's what you can expect from our training program:
• A comprehensive induction will be provided
• No previous experience is necessary as full training, including manual handling and other relevant modules will be provided
• Regular volunteer meetings and support from the Retail Management team
The benefits of becoming a Volunteer Van Mate:
• You will become part of the Tŷ Hafan team and family
• You can gain valuable skills and experience in logistics, customer service and teamwork
• You will make a positive difference in your community
• You can meet new people and make new friends
• You will share/gain new skills, knowledge and experience to help Tŷ Hafan achieve their goal
• It' an opportunity to enhance your CV - Reference provided after 3 months
• Most importantly - you'll have fun and explore new places!
Are you ready to join us as a volunteer?
Just click the “Fill in an application” button on the top of this page and complete a simple form.
We will ask you to provide us with the details of two referees and a Basic DBS check is required for this role.
Tŷ Hafan will cover the costs of any background checks and we will contact you with details on completing a DBS, once your application is successful.
We can't wait to welcome you to the team!
This role is purely voluntary and this arrangement is not meant to be a legally binding one or an employment contract.
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account