Volunteer Retail Assistant - Under 18
Are you over the age of 16 and would love the opportunity to volunteer in your local community? This role offers a variety of different experiences, including learning how to merchandise and price items, interacting with individuals from all different backgrounds, and opportunities for work experience/skills growth.
About the role:
This role will be based at our Tŷ Hafan charity shop, working as part of a team of volunteers assisting the Shop Manager.
Charity shop locations:
- Aberdare (Monday-Saturday shifts available)
- Abergavenny (Friday shifts available)
- Caerphilly (Monday-Saturday shifts available)
- Carmarthen (Monday-Sunday shifts available)
- Llanelli (Shifts available Monday-Friday)
- Neath (Monday-Friday shifts available)
- Port Talbot (Tuesday, Thursday, Friday-Sunday shifts available)
- Porthcawl (Monday-Sunday shifts available)
- Penarth (Monday-Sunday shifts available)
- Talbot Green (Monday-Saturday shifts available)
- Whitchurch (Monday-Saturday shifts available)
General time commitment per week / month
Flexible depending on your availability
What activities would you be involved in?
- Provide great customer service with bags of enthusiasm for Tŷ Hafan
- Sort and prepare stock for the shop floor
- Keep the shelves and displays fresh and in fashion by merchandising in accordance with seasonal styles
- Use product knowledge to identify the good sellers and price items accordingly
Information on training provided:
No retail experience is necessary as full training will be given, although previous knowledge of merchandising, customer service, cash handling, up-selling and fashion trends would be useful. More important are honesty, reliability and commitment.
Benefits of volunteering
- Personal satisfaction of giving back to the community by becoming part of the Tŷ Hafan team and family
- Make new friends and meet new people
- Gain new skills, knowledge and experience to enhance your CV
- Share your knowledge to help raise funds for Tŷ Hafan’s work
- 25% volunteer discount
- Have fun!
- You can apply by clicking the “fill in an application” button to the right of this page.
- Volunteers under the age of 18 do not require references.
- A DBS check is not required for this role.
If you have any questions before applying, please feel free to email email@example.com
This role is purely voluntary and this arrangement is not meant to be a legally binding one or an employment contract
About Tŷ Hafan:
Tŷ Hafan is a leading Welsh children's charity, with our hospice and headquarters based in Sully, Vale of Glamorgan.
We provide comfort, care and fun to children with life-limiting conditions, whilst supporting their families and helping them to make a short life, a full life; creating precious memories and helping them to make the most of the time they have together.
We would love to have you on our team!
Whatever time or skills you have to offer, you can make a difference to the lives of life-limited children, and their families, in Wales, today.