Volunteer Retail Assistant - Under 18
About the role
This role will be based at our Tŷ Hafan charity shop, working as part of a team of volunteers assisting the Shop Manager.
General time commitment per week / month
2.5 hours per week Minimum
Charity shop locations
Barry Holton Road
What activities would you be involved in?
- Provide great customer service with bags of enthusiasm for Tŷ Hafan
- Sort and prepare stock for the shop floor
- Keep the shelves and displays fresh and in fashion by merchandising in accordance with seasonal styles
- Use product knowledge to identify the good sellers and price items accordingly
Information on training provided
No retail experience is necessary as full training will be given, although previous knowledge of merchandising, customer service, cash handling, up-selling and fashion trends would be useful. More important are honesty, reliability and commitment.
Benefits of volunteering
- Personal satisfaction of giving back to the community by becoming part of the Tŷ Hafan team and family
- Make new friends and meet new people
- Gain new skills, knowledge and experience to enhance your CV
- Share your knowledge to help raise funds for Tŷ Hafan’s work
- 25% volunteer discount
- Have fun!
Please speak to the store manager
About Tŷ Hafan
Tŷ Hafan is a leading Welsh children’s charity which provides comfort, care and fun to children with life-limiting conditions, along with their families. Through our vibrant hospice and diverse community programmes, we offer families short-break care and help them make the most of the time they have together; creating precious memories and ensuring a short life is a full life.
This role is purely voluntary and this arrangement is not meant to be a legally binding one or an employment contract