Maintenance Volunteer / Grounds Person
Do you love fixing things and make them shine? Do you enjoy working with your hands and helping others? If so, then you might be the perfect person for our Maintenance Volunteer or Grounds Volunteer positions!
Our Hospice and Head Office buildings and surrounding grounds require regular upkeep to ensure a comfortable and pleasant environment for the children and families who use our services. Maintenance Volunteers and Grounds Volunteers play a crucial role in this, by offering their skills and time to help us with various tasks.
Minimum age requirement: 18
Location: Ty Hafan, Hayes Road, Sully, Penarth, CF64 5XX
Hours: Flexible (min 2 per week, Mon-Fri)
As a volunteer, you could be involved in various activities depending on your preferences, skills and experience, these include:
• Fixing cosmetic issues
• Supporting other larger DIY and maintenance projects as needed
• Picking up litter
• Keeping footpaths clear and safe
• Sweeping all external areas
• Clearing leaves and debris
• Removing moss and weeds from paths
• Washing external areas around our Head Office
• Jet washing external areas
• Clearing bin stores
What skills will you need?
• A keen eye for detail
• Collaborate with others and also work on your own when needed
• Ability to work safely and to not endanger yourself or others, maintain a safe working environment
• A passion or background (professional or personal) in DIY/maintenance related activities
Here's what you can expect from our training program:
• Learn everything you need to know from our amazing facilities department
• Training on health and safety best practices
The benefits of becoming a Maintenance Volunteer:
• You can help preserve and improve the quality of our spaces and facilities for the
• You can learn new skills and gain valuable experience
• You can make a positive difference in the lives of children and families
• You can have fun and enjoy a variety of tasks and activities
Are you ready to join us as a volunteer?
Just click the “Fill in an application” button on the top of this page and complete a simple form.
We will ask you to provide us with the details of two referees and an Standard-Enhanced (depending on role) DBS check is required for this role. Tŷ Hafan will cover the costs of any background checks and we will contact you with details on completing a DBS, once your application is successful.
We can't wait to welcome you to the team!
This role is purely voluntary and this arrangement is not meant to be a legally binding one or an employment contract.
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account