Do you love making things neat and tidy? Do you enjoy helping others in need? If so, you might be the perfect fit for our housekeeping volunteer role!
As a volunteer housekeeper, you will be part of a supportive and friendly team that provides a clean, comfortable and safe environment for the children, families and staff at the hospice.
Over 18s Only
Time commitment can vary based on what you are able to do, but ideally, we would be looking for you to support for at least one half day per week.
As a volunteer, you could be involved in various activities depending on your preferences, skills and experience, these include:
• Washing and drying linen using our hospice laundry machines
• Helping with changing the bed sheets
• Keeping track of the linen stock
• Ironing the bedding with our roller machine
• Taking care of the laundry machines by removing lint and other debris
• Organizing the fresh linen in the cupboards and keeping the areas neat
• Other ad-hoc tasks as needed
What skills will you need?
You don't need any special skills to join us, just a positive attitude and a willingness to communicate and cooperate with others.
You will work with respect, compassion and sensitivity towards the children and families, as well as the staff and other volunteers.
Here's what you can expect from our training program:
• We will provide you with all the training you need to do your role safely and effectively, including:
• Manual handling
• Role specific training
• You will report any issues or concerns to the housekeeping supervisor or the volunteer coordinator.
· The benefits of becoming a Housekeeping Volunteer:
• You will develop valuable skills such as organization, teamwork and communication
• You will make a positive difference in the lives of people who need a clean and comfortable environment as a part of their quality care
• You can meet new people and make new friends
• You will enjoy the satisfaction of giving back and contributing to a worthy cause
• Most importantly, you will have fun!
Are you ready to join us as a volunteer?
Just click the “Fill in an application” button on the top of this page and complete a simple form.
We will ask you to provide us with the details of two referees and an Enhanced DBS check is required for this role.
Tŷ Hafan will cover the costs of any background checks and we will contact you with details on completing a DBS, once your application is successful.
We can't wait to welcome you to the team!
This role is purely voluntary and this arrangement is not meant to be a legally binding one or an employment contract.
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account