Community Engagement Volunteer
Make a real difference to children in Wales with a life-shortening condition by becoming a Community Engagement Volunteer today!
Our Community Engagement Volunteers are an extension of our Fundraising team and act as champions for Tŷ Hafan within their local community.
They are passionate about their cause and eager to share their knowledge and enthusiasm with others.
Supported by your local Regional Fundraiser, you will help us with various fundraising activities depending on your skills and confidence.
You will receive a full induction and ongoing training, as well as opportunities to meet other volunteers and have fun throughout the year.
We can't wait to welcome you!
Age requirement: 18+
Time commitment: Varied based on what you are able to do, but ideally, we would be looking for you to support for at least one day a month
Location: Across your local area
As a volunteer, you could be involved in various activities depending on your preferences, skills and experience, these include:
• Collecting and servicing donation boxes in your area and finding new places to place them
• Attending cheque presentations and giving talks about our work to local groups or schools
• Helping out at bucket collections and other fundraising events throughout the year
• Spreading the word about Tŷ Hafan's campaigns and events to your friends, family and contacts
• Sharing your passion for what we do with your community
To be a Community Fundraising Volunteer, you need to have a good knowledge of your local area and potential supporters, and a genuine enthusiasm for our cause. It would also be helpful if you are:
• Able to speak Welsh (not essential for all volunteers, but we welcome Welsh speakers)
• Confident and comfortable speaking in public about what we do
• Familiar with using social media
Here's what you can expect from our training program:
• A comprehensive induction by a member of the Fundraising team, including a tour of the hospice to see the impact of your support
• An annual training day at the hospice with tips on delivering talks, updates on policies and procedures, and a celebration of your achievements
• Regular contact from your Regional Fundraiser and invitations to team meetings and social events
• GDPR training on how to handle donations and cash safely and securely
• Exclusive access to some of our events as our guest;
• Reimbursement for travel expenses
The benefits of becoming a Community Engagement Volunteer:
• It's a great way to increase your knowledge of the charity sector, helping you in your personal and professional development
• You will make a positive impact in your community and beyond
• You can share your passion and knowledge about a cause that you care about with others
• You can develop your communication, leadership and interpersonal skills while expanding your network and making new friends.
• You can have fun and enjoy the satisfaction of contributing to our purpose
• You will be provided with Tŷ Hafan collateral such as an ID badge, T-shirt, and other branded materials where relevant.
Are you ready to join us as a volunteer?
Just click the “Fill in an application” button on the top of this page and complete a simple form.
We will ask you to provide us with the details of two referees and a Basic DBS check is required for this role.
Tŷ Hafan will cover the costs of any background checks and we will contact you with details on completing a DBS, once your application is successful.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us on 02920 532 255 or email firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any questions about the role.
We can't wait to welcome you to the team!
This role is purely voluntary and this arrangement is not a legally binding one or an employment contract.
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account