Retail Stockroom Volunteer - Adults
As a retail stockroom volunteer, you will help us sort, price and display donated items in our charity shop. You will also assist with keeping the stockroom organized and tidy. This is a great opportunity to gain valuable retail experience, meet new people and support children with life-shortening conditions, and their families.
Our shops operate Monday-Saturday/Sunday, 9am-5pm and we appreciate any time you can spare; whether it's a few hours a week, a half day each week or several days per week.
This opportunity is a great way to develop new skills and enjoy yourself at the same time.
Our shops generate funds that directly support the whole family, from therapeutic services for children, to respite care for families, to sibling support activities & experiences.
By volunteering, you directly help us to raise essential funds for the children and families in our care.
Age requirements: 16+
Locations: Across our shop areas listed below
Time commitment: Varied based on what you are able to do and shop needs, but ideally, we would be looking for you to support for at least 2 hours a week
As a volunteer, you could be involved in various activities depending on your preferences, skills and experience, these include:
• Sorting and pricing donations according to our guidelines (or your own knowledge if applicable)
• Preparing items for sale, such as steaming, ironing, tagging and labeling
• Moving items from the stockroom to the shop floor
• Keeping the stockroom clean and safe of any hazards
• Following our health and safety procedures
• Working as part of a friendly team
What type of person are we looking for?
You will be:
• Reliable and punctual
• Have good communication skills and attention to detail
• Able to work independently, as part of a team and follow instructions
• Interested in retail and charity work
• Willing to learn new skills and take on new challenges
Here's what you can expect from our training program:
• A flexible schedule that suits your availability
• Learn about our purpose, vision, values and policies
• Learn how to handle, store and dispose of donated goods safely and hygienically
• Learn how to assist customers and answer queries
• Learn how charity shops operate and gain valuable retail knowledge
The benefits of becoming a Retail Stockroom Volunteer
• You can gain valuable work experience in a retail environment
• You can develop your customer service, teamwork and organizational skills
• You will support a good cause and help your local community
• You can meet new people and make new friends
• You will receive training and feedback from staff and managers
• Most importantly - you will have fun, enjoy yourself and feel good about helping others!
Barry High Street
Are you ready to join us as a volunteer?
Just click the “Fill in an application” button on the top of this page and complete a simple form.
We will ask you to provide us with the details of two referees and a DBS check is not required for this role.
We can't wait to welcome you to the team!
This role is purely voluntary and this arrangement is not meant to be a legally binding one or an employment contract.
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account