Volunteer Retail Assistant - Adults
Would you like to volunteer in your local charity shop? This opportunity offers a variety of experiences from helping with stock, dealing with customers or general activities.
About the role
This role will be based at one of our charity shops based in Wales, working as part of a team of volunteers assisting the Shop Manager. Our shops work as a close team with the support and guidance of the shop manager.
Volunteer role description
Volunteer Retail Assistant
Charity shop locations
Barry High Street
Barry Holton Road
General time commitment per week / month
2.5 hours per week minimum
What activities would you be involved in?
- Provide great customer service with bags of enthusiasm for Tŷ Hafan
- Sort and prepare stock for the shop floor
- Keep the shelves and displays fresh and in fashion by merchandising in accordance with seasonal styles
- Use product knowledge to identify the good sellers and price items accordingly
- Serving customers
Information on training provided
No retail experience is necessary as full training will be given, although previous knowledge of merchandising, customer service, cash handling, up-selling and fashion trends would be useful. More important are honesty, reliability and commitment.
Benefits of volunteering
- Personal satisfaction of giving back to the community by becoming part of the Tŷ Hafan team and family
- Make new friends and meet new people
- Gain new skills, knowledge and experience to enhance your CV
- Share your knowledge to help raise funds for Tŷ Hafan’s work
- 25% volunteer discount
- Have fun!
Those aged 18+ will be asked to complete an application form upon joining and provide details of two referees (1 professional & 1 character). A DBS check is not required for this role.
This role is purely voluntary and this arrangement is not meant to be a legally binding one or an employment contract.