Zoo Naturalist Volunteer (18+)
Zoo Naturalist Volunteer
Zoo Naturalists donate their time and talents to supporting the zoo during its busiest season. Volunteers work with the public to raise funds for conservation and educate visitors about the zoo, our exhibits, and our conservation mission.
Volunteers rotate through six areas as needed including: butterfly exhibit, education stations, zoo farm, giraffe feeding station, sloth bear encounter, and the Wallaby Walkabout.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must commit to a minimum of 4 hours per week during one of the following:
- Shift times are 9:15am-1:15pm or 12:45pm – 4:45pm; Monday-Sunday
- Weekend volunteers have the option to volunteer every-other weekend
- Commit to volunteering at one special event OR rental per year
- Attend a group interview
- Participate in an 8-hour volunteer orientation
- Successfully complete an introductory period of 24 hours
- Pay a $40.00 program fee
- Note: financial assistance is available, please contact the Volunteer Services Office for more details
- Abide by all policies in the Volunteer Handbook
- Enjoy working with people of all ages
- Desire to further develop customer service, public speaking, and teaching skills (training provided)
- Interested in educating public about wildlife conservation
- Must submit a negative TB test at own expense annually
- Must be willing to submit to a Federal background check if deemed necessary by Zoo Boise staff
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyVolunteerPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account