Zoo Commissary Volunteer (18+)
Every day, Zoo Boise cares for over 200 different animals and each one has its own specialized diet. Come learn about animal diets, what goes into preparing them, and how to feed everyone at the zoo as a Commissary Volunteer!
Commissary volunteers assist our commissary staff and zoo keepers with preparing nutritional diets for our animals.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must commit to one shift per week for 6 months
- Shift times are 8:00am – 12:00pm and 1:00pm – 5:00pm; Monday through Sunday
- Commit to volunteering at one special event OR rental per year
- Attend a group interview
- Participate in an 8-hour volunteer orientation
- Successfully complete an introductory period of 24 hours
- Pay a $40.00 program fee
- Note: financial assistance is available, please contact the Volunteer Services Office for more details
- Abide by all policies in the Volunteer Handbook
- Great customer service and ability to work well with visitors
- Good physical condition and able to lift 50 lbs.
- Willing to get dirty!
- Must submit a negative TB test at own expense
- Must be willing to submit to a Federal background check if deemed necessary by Zoo Boise staff