Group Volunteer Project (Adults & Teens)
Are you part of an organization, such as a work, youth, or school group that is interested in a Community Service Project? Zoo Boise frequently has exhibit enhancement and landscaping projects available. Zoo Boise may also guide you with your own conservation project.
To begin the process for group participation, please fill out this application.
Group Volunteer Policies
Groups interested in volunteering at Zoo Boise must adhere to the following guidelines:
- Contact Zoo Boise at least 6 weeks prior to your volunteer project
- Volunteers must be 13 years or older
- We can accommodate up to 15 people per group
- For volunteers under the age of 18, the group must provide one adult chaperone to every 5 youth. Chaperones are responsible for youth at all times.
- Group volunteers must identify a group coordinator that is responsible for the safety and well-being of group members, including providing the coordination and supervision for the group while volunteering
- It is the responsibility of the group coordinator to complete and submit the Group Volunteer Waiver (provided by Zoo Boise) by the start of the project
- The group understands that they will not receive any monetary compensation for their volunteer services