Textiles Volunteer at Museum of Surrey
Textile Volunteer at Museum of Surrey
Love textiles? Get woven up in the amazing Textile Centre at the new Museum of Surrey. Help deliver hands-on programs and give demonstrations for visitors of all ages.
Do you know one textile but not them all? No problem. Anyone with a love of spinning, weaving, batik or any of the many dynamic textile arts is a suitable person for this role. Just bring your passion along with a smile for the public and you are set.
Textile volunteers are asked to spend a minimum of four hours per month at the museum but we always welcome more of your time!
If spending time with like-minded textile art people and sharing the magic of the trade with the public is of interest to you, please fill out the application form. For more information, email email@example.com or call 604-502-6461.
Volunteer Opportunities include:
Historic Stewart Farm (13723 Crescent Road, South Surrey)
- Heritage Activity Assistant
- Garden/Orchard Volunteer
- Education Assistant
- House Ambassador
Museum of Surrey (17710 56A Avenue, Cloverdale)
- Public Programs & Special Events (Adult 19+)
- Education Volunteer
- Junior Docent (14-18yrs)
We are not currently recruiting volunteers for Exhibits, Collections or Surrey Archives
To apply as a City of Surrey volunteer, you must be:
- 14 years or older
- Eligible to volunteer in Canada (check your travel documents, if applicable)
Step #1 – Apply
Fill in an application online
Step #2 – Getting to Know You
- Attend an interview with the Volunteer Coordinator
- Submit 2 references
- Forms available online or sent by Volunteer Coordinator
- Complete a Police Information Check
Step #3 – Orientation
- When all the above steps have been completed, you will be contacted by phone or email by the Volunteer Coordinator to begin your orientation process
- Heritage Services Orientation - learn about what it takes to volunteer with the City and the impact you can make on your community
- Facility Orientation - meet your staff and volunteer team, get familiar with your volunteer role and learn how to keep yourself and others safe in the building
Step #4 - Volunteer!
This process can take up to 6 weeks so we thank you for your diligence and patience. Once you are eligible to volunteer, log-in to your profile at www.myvolunteerpage.com to search and sign up for volunteer activities, confirm shifts and record your hours of service.