Textiles Volunteer at Museum of Surrey
Textile Volunteer at Museum of Surrey
Love textiles? Get woven up in the amazing Textile Centre at the new Museum of Surrey. Help deliver hands-on programs and give demonstrations for visitors of all ages.
Do you know one textile but not them all? No problem. Anyone with a love of spinning, weaving, batik or any of the many dynamic textile arts is a suitable person for this role. Just bring your passion along with a smile for the public and you are set.
Textile volunteers are asked to spend a minimum of four hours per month at the museum but we always welcome more of your time!
If spending time with like-minded textile art people and sharing the magic of the trade with the public is of interest to you, please fill out the application form. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604-502-6461.
Step #1 – Eligibility Requirements
To apply as a City of Surrey volunteer, you must be:
- 14 years or older
- Eligible to volunteer in Canada (check your travel documents, if applicable)
- Volunteer Opportunities include
- Garden/Orchard volunteer, Junior Docent (aged 14-18yrs) volunteer, and School Program volunteer at the Historic Stewart Farm
- Textiles volunteer, Ambassador volunteer and School Program volunteer at the Museum of Surrey
We are not currently recruiting Museum of Surrey Junior Docent (14-18yrs) volunteers, Archives volunteers or Collections volunteers
Step #2 – Apply
- Fill in an application
- Attend an interview
- Submit 2 references
- Complete a Police Information Check
Step #3 – Volunteer
- When all the above steps have been completed, you will be contacted by phone or email by the Heritage Services Volunteer Coordinator
This process can take up to 6 weeks so we thank you for your diligence and patience. Once you are eligible to volunteer, log-in to your profile at MyImpactPage.com to search and sign up for volunteer activities, confirm shifts and record your hours of service.
Contact us HeritageVolunteers@surrey.ca