On-Call ESS Responder
Emergency Social Services volunteers work at Reception Centres and provide referral services such as shelter, food, clothing, comfort and support. You will receive an orientation, free ongoing training and have the opportunity to take part in practice drills. Under the provincial program, volunteers have Worksafe BC and personal liability coverage if they are registered as a provincial volunteer and are responding on behalf of ESS. This is an on-call position.
Step #1 – Eligibility Requirements
To apply to be an ESS volunteer, you must be:
- 18 years or older (16+ years old with parental consent)
- Eligible to volunteer in Canada (check your travel documents, if applicable)
Step #2 – Apply
- Fill in an application
- Attend an interview
- Submit 2 references
- Complete a Police Information Check
- Complete an EMBC ID Application Form and submit a recent head shot photo
Step #3 – Volunteer
- When all the above steps have been completed, you will be contacted by phone or email by an ESS program administrator
This process can take up to 6 weeks so we thank you for your diligence and patience. Once you are eligible to volunteer, log-in to your profile at MyImpactPage.com to search and sign up for volunteer activities, confirm shifts and record your hours of service.
Volunteer Resources – 1st Floor West, City Hall