Garden/Orchard Volunteer at Historic Stewart Farm
Garden Volunteer at Historic Stewart Farm
Attention green thumbs! A secret garden circa 1900 awaits at Historic Stewart Farm in South Surrey! As a person who appreciates organic growing and seed preservation, you will help tend the heirloom gardens which have plants that Mrs. Stewart herself could have planted.
You have an interest in getting your hands dirty and seeing what your dirty work can create!
Garden volunteers are asked to commit 6-8 hours per month during gardening season, including one monthly Garden Bee session.
If tending a unique garden in one of the most beautiful settings in Surrey is appealing to you, please fill out the application form. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604-502-6461.
Volunteer Opportunities include:
Historic Stewart Farm (13723 Crescent Road, South Surrey)
- Heritage Activity Assistant
- Garden/Orchard Volunteer
- Education Assistant
- House Ambassador
Museum of Surrey (17710 56A Avenue, Cloverdale)
- Public Programs & Special Events (Adult 19+)
- Education Volunteer
- Junior Docent (14-18yrs)
We are not currently recruiting volunteers for Exhibits, Collections or Surrey Archives
To apply as a City of Surrey volunteer, you must be:
- 14 years or older
- Eligible to volunteer in Canada (check your travel documents, if applicable)
Step #1 – Apply
Fill in an application online
Step #2 – Getting to Know You
- Attend an interview with the Volunteer Coordinator
- Submit 2 references
- Forms available online or sent by Volunteer Coordinator
- Complete a Police Information Check
Step #3 – Orientation
- When all the above steps have been completed, you will be contacted by phone or email by the Volunteer Coordinator to begin your orientation process
- Heritage Services Orientation - learn about what it takes to volunteer with the City and the impact you can make on your community
- Facility Orientation - meet your staff and volunteer team, get familiar with your volunteer role and learn how to keep yourself and others safe in the building
Step #4 - Volunteer!
This process can take up to 6 weeks so we thank you for your diligence and patience. Once you are eligible to volunteer, log-in to your profile at www.myvolunteerpage.com to search and sign up for volunteer activities, confirm shifts and record your hours of service.