Garden/Orchard Volunteer at Historic Stewart Farm
Garden Volunteer at Historic Stewart Farm
Attention green thumbs! A secret garden circa 1900 awaits at Historic Stewart Farm in South Surrey! As a person who appreciates organic growing and seed preservation, you will help tend the heirloom gardens which have plants that Mrs. Stewart herself could have planted.
You have an interest in getting your hands dirty and seeing what your dirty work can create!
Garden volunteers are asked to commit 6-8 hours per month during gardening season, including one monthly Saturday Garden Bee session.
If tending a unique garden in one of the most beautiful settings in Surrey is appealing to you, please fill out the application form. For more information, email email@example.com or call 604-502-6461.
Step #1 – Eligibility Requirements
To apply as a City of Surrey volunteer, you must be:
- 14 years or older
- Eligible to volunteer in Canada (check your travel documents, if applicable)
- Volunteer Opportunities include
- Garden/Orchard volunteer, Junior Docent (aged 14-18yrs) volunteer, and School Program volunteer at the Historic Stewart Farm
- Textiles volunteer, Ambassador volunteer and School Program volunteer at the Museum of Surrey
We are not currently recruiting Museum of Surrey Junior Docent (14-18yrs) volunteers, Archives volunteers or Collections volunteers
Step #2 – Apply
- Fill in an application
- Attend an interview
- Submit 2 references
- Complete a Police Information Check
Step #3 – Volunteer
- When all the above steps have been completed, you will be contacted by phone or email by the Heritage Services Volunteer Coordinator
This process can take up to 6 weeks so we thank you for your diligence and patience. Once you are eligible to volunteer, log-in to your profile at MyImpactPage.com to search and sign up for volunteer activities, confirm shifts and record your hours of service.
Contact us HeritageVolunteers@surrey.ca