Junior Docent Volunteer at Historic Stewart Farm
Junior Docent at Historic Stewart Farm
Step back in time and volunteer at Historic Stewart Farm in South Surrey. Have fun while learning about leadership, team work and local history.
Junior Docent sounds like a fancy term but it simply means you help out with weekend events and spring and summer day camps. Make ice cream, lead old-fashioned games and do heritage house tours. All after some training of course! We also provide costumes so you look the part.
You must be at least 14 years of age for this position. Weekend and spring and summer break opportunities are available.
If you want a reference letter from a top employer and have fun with new friends while volunteering, please fill out the application form. For more information, email email@example.com or call 604-502-6461.
Step #1 – Eligibility Requirements
To apply as a City of Surrey volunteer, you must be:
- 14 years or older
- Eligible to volunteer in Canada (check your travel documents, if applicable)
- Volunteer Opportunities include
- Garden/Orchard volunteer, Junior Docent (aged 14-18yrs) volunteer, and School Program volunteer at the Historic Stewart Farm
- Textiles volunteer, Ambassador volunteer and School Program volunteer at the Museum of Surrey
We are not currently recruiting Museum of Surrey Junior Docent (14-18yrs) volunteers, Archives volunteers or Collections volunteers
Step #2 – Apply
- Fill in an application
- Attend an interview
- Submit 2 references
- Complete a Police Information Check
Step #3 – Volunteer
- When all the above steps have been completed, you will be contacted by phone or email by the Heritage Services Volunteer Coordinator
This process can take up to 6 weeks so we thank you for your diligence and patience. Once you are eligible to volunteer, log-in to your profile at MyImpactPage.com to search and sign up for volunteer activities, confirm shifts and record your hours of service.
Contact us HeritageVolunteers@surrey.ca