Public Swim Assistant
The City of Surrey welcomes citizens interested in volunteering their time, expertise and creativity. This is a great opportunity for individuals to engage with their community during public swims. Volunteers will be promoting safe aquatic activities while having fun! Invest in your community and gain skills, knowledge and experience working with a great team of people!
Thank you for your interest. We are currently not accepting new volunteer applications.
For more information, please contact Volunteer Resources at
email@example.com or 604-598-5863.
Step #1 – Eligibility Requirements
To apply to be an Aquatics volunteer, you must be:
- 14 years or older (Public Swim Assistant) + 15 years or older (Swim Instructor Assistant)
- Eligible to volunteer in Canada (check your travel documents, if applicable
- Current Bronze Cross certification (Public Swim Assistant)
- Current Bronze Cross and Water Safety Instructor certifications (Swim Instructor Assistant)
Step #2 – Apply
- Fill in an application
- Attend an interview
- Submit 2 references
- Complete a Police Information Check
Step #3 – Volunteer
- When all the above steps have been completed, you will be contacted by phone or email by an Aquatics program administrator
This process can take up to 6 weeks so we thank you for your diligence and patience. Once you are eligible to volunteer, log-in to your profile at MyImpactPage.com to search and sign up for volunteer activities, confirm shifts and record your hours of service.
Volunteer Resources – 1st Floor West, City Hall