The DC Public Library maintains a dedicated group of teen volunteers, ages 14-18. Teen volunteers play a crucial role at the DC Public Library. They help create displays and booklists, shelve materials, assist with children's programs, setup activities, photo copy library forms and much more. This is a great opportunity to learn valuable job-related skills, help out within your community, gain work experience, promote literacy, and meet new people.
- Must be at least 14 years of age
- Strong commitment to customer service
- Ability to follow instructions and work as part of a team
- Bilingual applicants are welcome
- A background check is required if applicant is 18 years or older
MINIMUM TIME COMMITMENT
- Shifts are limited to 2-5 hours per week
- Reports to on-site Volunteer Point-of-Contact
All prospective teen volunteers will receive training at their work site.