Center for Accessibility Orientation and Mobility Assistant
CENTER FOR ACCESSIBILITY ORIENTATION AND MOBILITY ASSISTANT
The Center for Accessibility Orientation and Mobility Assistant will provide sighted guide assistance to blind students who are navigating from the Metro Access drop-off point around the library.
- Strong commitment to customer service
- Experience working in the disability community providing sighted guide assistance
- Ability to follow instructions and work as part of a team
- A background check is required for this position for individuals ages 18 and older
MINIMUM TIME COMMITMENT
- Average 2-3 hours per week
- Preferred 6-month minimum commitment
- Must be at least 18 years old to participate
- Reports to on-site Volunteer Point-of-Contact
All prospective volunteers must attend an orientation held at the Library Express - Center for Accessibility.