Centre-based Kitchen Assistant
Volunteer Kitchen Assistant (Centre-Based)
Social Support Groups
9.00am – 4.00pm
The role of Volunteer Kitchen Assistant is to assist with serving pre-prepared meals for the Social Support Groups at Balcombe Heights Estate – Baulkham Hills and maintaining kitchen hygiene at the Centre.
The main tasks involved include serving the meals on time and assisting with cleaning up after lunch.
The Volunteer Kitchen Assistant Role is best suited to a person who:
- Enjoys working as part of team
- Has some relevant knowledge of food preparation and safe food handling
- Is willing to work with and maintain Food Health Standards
- Is happy to work across all parts of the kitchen at the request of the coordinator
- Has their own car or reasonable public transport
Our organisation offers ongoing support, social events and training for volunteers.
Volunteers play a vital role to ensure we are providing the best possible service to our clients.
Volunteers are required to work to standards consistent with Councils policy and procedures and with emphasis on work health and safety, and customer satisfaction.