Duke of Edinburgh- Library
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVE:
The overall objective of the Library & Customer Services team is to provide world class leading edge services which build a vibrant community by providing a wide range of resources, activities, information and opportunities which are accessible to all and enrich the community.
The purpose of the Duke of Edinburgh volunteer is to provide community service whilst learning about the Library & Information Services industry.
2. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES / POSITION ACTIVITIES
- Assist in shelving and shelf checking
- Ensure the items on display are kept tidy
- Returning and sorting library items
- General Office duties (includes Photocopying, Faxing, Data Entry etc)
- Comply with Occupational Health & Safety Act and Council’s Corporate Policies and Practices
Clear communication skills are required
4. SELECTION CRITERIA
- Minimum age 14 years and 9 months
- Provide evidence of current enrolment in Duke of Edinburgh programme.
- Knowledge of Dewey Decimal Classification System
5. PERFORMANCE MEASURES