Ray of Sunrise EHS Facilities Volunteer
Sunrise Children’s Foundation
Rays of Sunrise Volunteer and Internship Program
Rays of Sunrise EHS Facilities Volunteer
Supervisor: Volunteer & Special Events Manager
Position Description: Under the supervision of the Volunteer & Special Events Manager and direct guidance of the Facilities & IT Manager, the Rays of Sunrise Facilities Volunteer would support maintenance, safety and functionality of Sunrise Children’s Foundation locations including the well-being of its participants and staff.
There may be additional duties depending on site and program needed but general duties can include:
- Support SCF policies, procedures, standards of conduct and philosophy of the program
- Maintain strict confidentiality of SCF children, families and staff in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Assist with keeping the premises, grounds, and parking lots clean and in orderly condition
- Perform repair maintenance of centers and clinics which could include: touch-up painting, light carpentry, installing shelves, minor plumbing & lighting repairs, use of small hand tools, cleaning plumbing back-ups, hauling trash, moving furniture & supplies, etc.
- Advises Facilities Manager and other facilities team members of any maintenance/repair problems observed or reported while on site; periodically inspects units, buildings and common areas and reports findings as needed
- Assist with maintaining safety standards and procedures (ex. reporting possible violations, monitoring fire extinguishers and emergency lighting)
- Maintain a professional attitude and cooperates with colleagues and administration
- Assist in delivery, set-up and arrangement of event tables, chairs and decorations at centers, multi-purpose room or special events
- Transport small equipment, tools or furniture between departments, buildings, and locations
- Organize inventory as needed
- Performs a variety of routine physical work which may include: pick-up & delivery of various items or furniture which could require light assembly;
- Maintain drug free-work workplace
Skills & Physical Requirements:
- This position is physically demanding, requiring good physical condition & ability to lift heavy objects of varying shapes, sizes, and weights repeatedly over long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects weighing up to 50 pounds with or without material handling equipment
- Must have manual dexterity to bend, lift, walk and climb.
- Must be comfortable on a ladder.
- Must be able to able frequently to walk, stand, sit, kneel, reach, stoop, squat, crouch navigate office, clinic, classroom and public environments
- Vision abilities include close vision, distant vision, peripheral vision and depth perception
SCF will pay fees associated with the below requirements:
- Maintains a Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department Work Card (Sheriff's Card) for Child Care
- Must submit negative TB results (One-Step Skin Test or Chest X-Ray ) prior to start date
- Must pass pre-volunteer drug/alcohol testing
- Must have a physical performed and document submitted prior to start date
- Rays of Sunrise Orientation with Volunteer & Special Events Manager
- On-site training directed by Facilities & IT Manager.
- Satisfaction of giving back to the community
- Support to an organization that directly impacts the lives of children and families SCF serves
- Personal and professional growth
- Recognition for contributions
- Opportunity to meet diverse people, families, fellow volunteers, and staff