Call Handler Volunteer
Closing Date: ongoing
Call Handler volunteer
Opportunity to volunteer within the Pet Support office, to ensure the smooth running of the department over the weekend through effective customer service and administration.
What will I gain from it?
- Development of customer service skills
- Being a vital part of promoting responsible pet ownership and good animal welfare messaging
- Development of your pet welfare knowledge
- Supporting the work of Wood Green and an insight into daily running
- The opportunity to work in a small, friendly team
What will I be doing?
- This is a desk based role, working on the telephone and computer
- Answering phone calls coming in to the Centre and signposting callers to the correct department
- Accurate inputting of all interactions into databases and spreadsheets
- Picking up voicemail messages and passing onto the correct team
- Assisting in the smooth running of the department
What is Wood Green looking for?
- The ability to deliver a high level of customer service
- An empathetic and non-judgmental approach to dealing with pet owners with an enthusiasm to provide over the phone support to owners in need
- Enjoyment of working in a fast paced environment
- Accuracy in record keeping and strong attention to detail
- Strong written and oral communication skills with an excellent telephone manner
- Confidence and experience using databases and Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook – training on our Anilog database will be provided
- Happy to work as part of a small team
Based at our Godmanchester Centre within our pet Support Team
We need help 7 days a week from 9 - 4pm so any hours you can help with would be gratefully received.
Flexibility around these times can be discussed
To apply please visit our website www.woodgreen.org.uk/how_to_help/volunteer. For more information call 0300 303 9333
or email email@example.com