We require Community Volunteers to attend local events and activities to engage with members of the public to promote Wood Green’s services, Health & Wellbeing Checks, Workshops & spread our animal welfare message.
Community Engagement Officer
Various throughout Cambridgeshire
Days or Hours required
Flexible to suit you.
Jan – March it’s mainly weekdays
April to September it’s mainly weekends, bank holidays and school holidays.
Between 5 to 9 hours per event, including travelling time.
Description of duties
Our aim is to encourage public interaction with our team to discuss the free support services we offer, our Workshops, Health & Wellbeing Checks and best practice pet ownership for happy and healthy pets.
Duties will include talking to people including families and children, setting-up for events (this requires an element of physical work), setting up games and pet enrichment examples. Encouraging members of the public to take part with our activities, complete our pet survey on tablets and generally spreading Wood Green’s Animal Welfare messaging.
How will you make a difference?
Community volunteers will help Wood Green to increase awareness of the charity’s work and promote responsible pet ownership in the community.
Skills and experience you will need
- You are a ‘people person’ who is confident in talking to members of the public.
- A basic knowledge of companion animal welfare and/or Wood Green would be desirable but is not essential.
- You will be confident to interact with children and young people.
- You will be confident to interact with animals.
- You will be a good listener.
- DESIREABLE: Full clean driving license and willingness to drive a van.
You will receive ongoing support, relevant training and a full volunteer induction. Some activity within this role qualifies as a Time Credits Earn opportunity.