Volunteer Role Description
What better way to spend any spare time you have, and are kind enough to give us, than joining our shop team to help raise money through sales of donated items. This income helps sick, injured & homeless animals to gain a better quality of life through our innovative rehabilitation & re homing programme, as well as educational support for animal owners and many other elements to what we do.
The Key Volunteer position is one of trust, leadership and responsibility. It is for someone who wishes to either develop within the business or use their existing skill set to assist the management team with the smooth operation of the business.
This is an opportunity for someone who likes to follow procedure, is able to work on their own initiative and as part of a team, has good problem solving ability, good attention to detail and enjoys completing tasks to a high standard.
What the role will involve:
- Operating the shop in management absence
- Training of volunteer recruits
- Opening / Closing the shop including till set up and end of day till reconciliation
- Working closely with the shop management team
- Ensuring operational policy & procedure is adhered to
- Shop floor merchandising
- Gift Aid sign up’s & processing of paperwork
- Offering excellent customer service at all times
Skills and experience required
- Previous supervisory experience
- Computer literate
- Good written and spoken English
- Reliable and punctual
- Positive and friendly manner
- A ‘ Can Do ‘ attitude
With your permission a Disclosure & Barring Service check, DBS may be required if as a key volunteer you are supervising under 16 year old volunteers.
What do you get out of it?
For just a few hours of your time each week you have the chance too........
- Add meaningful and respected content to your CV
- Earn a reference for future job applications
- Complete an NVQ in Retail from Derby College
- Learn new skills and gain experience
- Become part of a friendly, diverse & committed team
- 10% saving on purchases within our retail shops
- Help Animals in need
How many hours per week would I be required to volunteer?
We work around you!! You have been kind enough to give up your free time so all voluntary hours are negotiable. We trade 7 days per week and as such we do have shifts which require talent every day of the week.
How do I apply for this role?
There are several options you can choose from to become a volunteer with Wood Green
- complete an application form online at www.woodgreen.org.uk
- pop into your local Wood Green Shop, have a chat with our friendly manager or volunteering team and collect an application form
- email your application form to Mark.email@example.com