Volunteer Job Description
Role – Volunteer Recruiter
What better way to spend any spare time you have, and are kind enough to give us, than joining our shop team to help raise money through sales of donated items. This income helps sick, injured & homeless animals to gain a better quality of life through our innovative rehabilitation & re homing programme, as well as educational support for animal owners and many other elements to what we do.
The role of the Volunteer Recruiter is to promote volunteering for the shop and to engage with the local community so that more people can volunteer. The best form of recruitment is local, through word of mouth and building lasting relationships. This is a key role within the shop and we need someone who can do this exciting and rewarding role. The role can be home based or in the shop.
What the role will involve:
- Recruiting new volunteers for the shop
- Building new partnerships with local organisations, schools, Universities
- Sending and collecting volunteers' application forms
- Advertising volunteer vacancies on the Internet
- Arranging induction training and trial shifts for new volunteers
Skills and experience preferable
- Previous experience in a recruitment role
- Computer literate
- Good written and spoken English
- Reliable and punctual
- Positive and friendly manner
- Able to work as a part of a team as well as on your own
What do you get out of it?
For just a few hours of your time each week you have the chance too........
- Add meaningful and respected content to your CV
- Earn a reference for future job applications
- Complete an NVQ in Retail from Derby College
- Learn new skills and gain experience
- Become part of a friendly, diverse & committed team
- 10% saving on purchases within our retail shops
- Help Animals in need
How many hours per week would i be required to volunteer?
We work around you!! You have been kind enough to give up your free time so all voluntary hours are negotiable. We trade 7 days per week and as such we do have shifts which require talent every day of the week.
How do I apply for this role?
There are several options you can choose from to become a volunteer with Wood Green
- complete an application form online at www.woodgreen.org.uk
- pop into your local Wood Green Shop, have a chat with our friendly manager or volunteering team and collect an application form
- email your application form to Mark.email@example.com
For further information or please contact Mark on 07977 458055 or email Mark.firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you soon