Woodside Home for Older People Burnley Road BB12 8SD - Pamper and Beauty Support Volunteer
Pamper and Beauty Support Volunteer
Older people services operates using quality services which are provided in a safe way for all residents.
Our core purpose is to provide high quality competitive, and person centred residential and day time support for the people of Lancashire.
Support from a Volunteer can help make a difference in someone’s life, even if it’s just a smile.
You must be willing to go through an induction process and relevant background checks; this role is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
As a Pamper and Beauty Support Volunteer you will:-
- Be encouraged to act as a friend to residents and assist them with manicuring their nails.
- You will offer the residents therapeutic and relaxing hand massages
- You will offer cosmetic make up days for the residents
- Encourage and spend some time chatting to residents helping to combat feelings of loneliness
- Help to brighten up a resident’s day
- Log volunteering hours monthly and submit expenses where applicable via an on-line computer system
- Complete minimum level training e.g. safeguarding and commit to further training relevant to role
Volunteers will be provided with relevant training required for this role
Pamper and Beauty Assistant Volunteers need to:
- Be good communicators
- Be committed
- Be patient
- Be empathetic
- Have knowledge of Older People’s needs
- Have Dementia awareness
- Be passionate about making older people feel good about themselves
Have basic beauty and pampering skills
Training will be provided where necessary and may be in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led. Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday - Morning, Afternoon
- Tuesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Wednesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Thursday - Morning, Afternoon
- Friday - Morning, Afternoon