Milbanke 72 Station Road, Kirkham PR4 2HA - Engagement (Befriending 121 Support) Milbanke
Older people services provide quality services in a safe way for all residents, staff, volunteers & visitors.
Their core purpose is person centred residential and daytime support for the people of Lancashire.
Each home takes care to ensure a range of activities are covered by carefully following a structured programme.
Engagement (Befriending) volunteers support the service by listening to the residents in a 121 capacity. Support from a Volunteer can help make a difference in someone's life, even if it's just a smile.
The benefit of having a regular meeting with an engagement befriender helps to increase the confidence, resilience, and independence of the service user as they actively support, encourage and empower the resident to achieve specified and agreed goals and objectives.
This opportunity takes place on a specific day & time, please check your availability before applying.
You must be willing to go through an induction process and relevant background checks; this role is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
As an engagement befriending volunteer, you will:
- Encourage and spend some time chatting to residents helping to combat feelings of loneliness
- Help to brighten up a resident’s day
- Log volunteering hours monthly on-line.
- Complete training and commit to further training relevant to role
- Volunteers are required to have successfully passed essential training before starting
Befriending/ mentoring volunteers need to:
- Be a good communicator and listener
- Have empathy
- Be patient
- Have a caring nature
- Be committed and responsible
- Adhere to confidentiality guidelines.
Training will be provided in the form of distance eLearning. Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and will be asked to regularly refresh training when required.
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday Afternoon
- Tuesday Morning